• Its ok

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do maintenance and tinker with my tank every Sunday and most Saturdays as well. Once normal maintenance like checking parameters, changing filter socks, cleaning sump...etc is done, I always find things to tinker with on my tank. I can't help myself. Wouldn't be much of a hobby if all you did was look at the tank.

Some projects I'd spent my extra time working on the tank include adding pneumatic struts to the canopy lid so it lifts itself up, Custom sewn "double" filter socks that are 14" wide and have 2 chambers so they almost never clog, DIY GFO reactor, DIY light diffusers...etc. I can't help myself but spend almost all of my limited free time tinkering with the tank. Since I've got my tank about finished, I'm getting ready to start up a frag tank to open up a whole new side of the hobby! That should keep me busy for the foreseeable future

jtl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For us (my wife and I) it is every Thursday. She does the tank cleaning and tends to the corals needs. I carry water and clean the sump and refugium. Today we vacuumed the sand, something we do every couple of weeks It takes us a while but we are more than a little anal about how it looks. It is closing in on 2 years and for the past few weeks it has looked the best as it ever has. Just in time to sell everything later in the year....maybe.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 162 72.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.9%
Back