How many snails is too many?

SaltyMermaid86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I started noticing tiny white specs on my glass. At first I thought that were pods, then they got bigger. I though maybe flat worms at that point but waited to see if I could get a positive ID before treating and I'm glad I did because they ended up being baby stomatellas and there are at least 50 of them just on the glass. So my question is how many are too many? I don't want to kill them but don't know anyone else that has a tank personally and trying to find people local to me has been a challenge.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How large of a tank? They are a really good cleanup crew in general. Best of luck :)

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Recently I started noticing tiny white specs on my glass. At first I thought that were pods, then they got bigger. I though maybe flat worms at that point but waited to see if I could get a positive ID before treating and I'm glad I did because they ended up being baby stomatellas and there are at least 50 of them just on the glass. So my question is how many are too many? I don't want to kill them but don't know anyone else that has a tank personally and trying to find people local to me has been a challenge.
There's no harm in them. You're tank will balance itself out. You can try to cut back on feeding a bit, the population will dwindle.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 49 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 38 20.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 20.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back