How many snails is too many?

SaltyMermaid86

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2022
Messages
130
Reaction score
57
Location
Orange
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I started noticing tiny white specs on my glass. At first I thought that were pods, then they got bigger. I though maybe flat worms at that point but waited to see if I could get a positive ID before treating and I'm glad I did because they ended up being baby stomatellas and there are at least 50 of them just on the glass. So my question is how many are too many? I don't want to kill them but don't know anyone else that has a tank personally and trying to find people local to me has been a challenge.
 
How large of a tank? They are a really good cleanup crew in general. Best of luck :)
 
Recently I started noticing tiny white specs on my glass. At first I thought that were pods, then they got bigger. I though maybe flat worms at that point but waited to see if I could get a positive ID before treating and I'm glad I did because they ended up being baby stomatellas and there are at least 50 of them just on the glass. So my question is how many are too many? I don't want to kill them but don't know anyone else that has a tank personally and trying to find people local to me has been a challenge.
There's no harm in them. You're tank will balance itself out. You can try to cut back on feeding a bit, the population will dwindle.
 
There's no harm in them. You're tank will balance itself out. You can try to cut back on feeding a bit, the population will dwindle.

I welcome them until they become an issue. However I'm unsure at what point they would become an issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new