How much algae do you pull from your refugium when you clean it?

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
573
Reaction score
529
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I clean my refugium every week to every other week as far as harvesting goes. Sometimes I will pull out a full gallon and a half bucket of algae at a time, and that's only from trimming half of it. On average how much algae do you pull out from your refugium when you clean it?
 
I typically do about 2 gallons of chaeto each week, which is about a 30-40% pruning. I dose nitrates and ChaetoGrow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new