how much does a fang tooth eel eat

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gp!
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gp!

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2017
Messages
631
Reaction score
423
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much does a full grown 2-3ft fang tooth like a Dragon eel or Banana eel actually eat in a week? I've seen some videos feeding the larger eels a tremendous amount of food but haven't been able to locate that for the smaller ones.
 
Think about the volume of 3-6 large shrimp once a week, it varies even with the same eel. My jeweled would put down so much, I wondered where it all went. The banana eel is about the same size as a jeweled, they get as thick as a man's wrist when they get mature. The dragon eel is a little larger.
 
Happy new year! Can these thrive with mollies as a primary diet when the eels are full grown? Or are the mollies too small?
 
Mollies would be an excellent addition, a little small so I would just use them as a nutritional supplement. Might be a tedious for them to catch enough for their primary diet, you could definitely use them when they are small. I would only use live fish in an eel only tank. You could also offer other live foods like fiddler crabs. Many eels suffer from nutritional deficiencies, so live additions would be greatly welcomed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new