How much flow do I need?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jbeanz24
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
There are a lot of variables ranging from the kind of pumps you're using to your aquascaping, to the kinds of mixed corals you are going to have.
Will it be SPS dominated, LPS or softies?

I keep mostly Acroporas so for me I would use a minimum of two Koralia evo 1400's.

In my 210, right now I have two tunze 6105's and two Jabeo WP-40's for up to a 100x turnover when all of the pumps are on.
 
It will be LPS dominated but I will have some SPS in there
 
If it were me I'd probably put two jabeo WP-25's then. They aren't Tunze's or Vortech's but so far I like mine. They have nice controllers with plenty of wave options to create random flow. There are also three speed setting so you can choose what works best for you. As your coral grow in you typically need more flow to keep them healthy. This will give you the ability to do that without buying more pumps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new