How much flow in my HOB fuge

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up a 15g cube all in one and broke out my old CPR HOB fuge. I figured the added volume would be welcomed! Im using it as a fuge. I have a Sicce 1.5 teed off one end as a return, the other as the fuge feed. The fuge is very low flwo inside of it. Should i add a power head or will cheato be ok? I threw some food pellets in the fuge and they settled on the bottom so I dont think there is enough flow to keep anything suspended in the fuge. That leads me to think the cheato wont have enough flow either. Whats everyones thoughts?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I set up a 15g cube all in one and broke out my old CPR HOB fuge. I figured the added volume would be welcomed! Im using it as a fuge. I have a Sicce 1.5 teed off one end as a return, the other as the fuge feed. The fuge is very low flwo inside of it. Should i add a power head or will cheato be ok? I threw some food pellets in the fuge and they settled on the bottom so I dont think there is enough flow to keep anything suspended in the fuge. That leads me to think the cheato wont have enough flow either. Whats everyones thoughts?
The food can settle and there still be enough flow. You want the cheato to gently tumble. Too much flow will just press I against the side of the Fuge and not do much good.

Do you have cheato in there already?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 149 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back