How much flow do I need?

A13xander60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I've taken a video of my tank. It's a 60 litre Fluval Spec.

I did have the fluval powerhead in there but the corals weren't too happy with that. Not sure it was blowing hard enough so I switched it to the Sicce Voyager Nano (530 Gallons per hour or 2000 litres.

I don't know if it's too powerful or not as the fish to me seem to be somewhat struggling with the flow rate.

If it is too strong are there any inexpensive variable flow rate (sub £100) solutions that would still allow me to keep all my corals / potentially add some more?

Thanks for reading, any help would be appreciated :)

Attachments

• IMG_8994.MOV
    1.8 MB

gastone

I dig chicks with rics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The fish are fine. That amount of flow is t going to overpower them. Your return looks like it's angled up a bit to agitate the surface, which is fine. You may want to add a low profile controllable powerhead or gyre, especially as things start to grow in and limit flow. I'm currently using Chinese iterations in my tanks.

OP
OP
A

A13xander60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish are fine. That amount of flow is t going to overpower them. Your return looks like it's angled up a bit to agitate the surface, which is fine. You may want to add a low profile controllable powerhead or gyre, especially as things start to grow in and limit flow. I'm currently using Chinese iterations in my tanks.
The return pump flow things are relatively flat, it's my powerhead that's angled upwards because of how powerful it is. It's to reduce the power a little. Chinese iterations of what? And where would I place them?
Thank you for the help!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%
Back