nanoman95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

I have just purchased a very greedy Firefish who I have been feeding twice a day! I do 8 small pellets in the morning and 8 again in the eve, I also drop in 2/3 flakes as the hermit crabs and nas snail go crazy for them so like to make sure they have enough to!

How often and how much do you feed? I don’t want to over do it but worried about how much he hoovers it all up!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More small feedings that get consumed within a couple of minutes several times a day is how I like to feed but twice a day should be fine I would think. I don't think a fish will over eat to the point of that being a concern but uneaten food can cause problems if the clean up crew doesn't keep up. Maybe toss some type of frozen food into the mix for the little guy.
My fish get fed 4 or 5 times a day. I feed twice fairly heavy then they get snacks through out the day because they are so good at begging. I have more and larger fish tho so it's easier than trying to feed just one I think as everything gets eaten.

OP
OP
nanoman95

nanoman95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More small feedings that get consumed within a couple of minutes several times a day is how I like to feed but twice a day should be fine I would think. I don't think a fish will over eat to the point of that being a concern but uneaten food can cause problems if the clean up crew doesn't keep up. Maybe toss some type of frozen food into the mix for the little guy.
My fish get fed 4 or 5 times a day. I feed twice fairly heavy then they get snacks through out the day because they are so good at begging. I have more and larger fish tho so it's easier than trying to feed just one I think as everything gets eaten.
Thankyou I appreciate this a lot! I worry about them too much I think

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back