How much gph for gyre

  • Thread starter Thread starter dunamis227
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dunamis227

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2022
Messages
37
Reaction score
16
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many gph for a gyre style pump on a 24 gallon lps tank
 
How many gph for a gyre style pump on a 24 gallon lps tank
Idk, it doesn't seem like that's the right pump option for that size tank, and the inhabitants you're looking to keep. Unless I'm mistaken (which I could be) a gyre is a higher flow option for larger tanks and sps corals..

Bump for you, maybe someone would have a suggestion. Mine would be a smaller wide flow pump like a small Nero or something similar.
 
Upvote 0
i heard gyres are good for lps

Maybe I'm off then, I thought they had a more narrow band of flow that was good for pushing water across a longer tank. I've also read that they require more maintenance than puck style pumps. Again, take my advice with a grain of salt until others chime in lol.
 
Upvote 0
Lps are fine with many different powerheads and I've never heard of them doing better witg6a gyre. Maybe in a specific tank someone may have good luck with one but I've never heard of them being better for lps but maybe I don't read enough.
Not sure if I would run a gyre on a 24g tank. I have a couple but they are on a larger tank and would be way too much flow in a 24g.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new