How Much Kessil for Pocillopora Dam.?

Discussion in 'General SPS Discussion' started by VR28man, Dec 31, 2017.

1. VR28man

VR28man Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Hey all, just got my first sps, a green (tipped, under actinic) pocillopra damicornis. It’s now in a 19” deep tank, with the top at maybe 7 inches from the surface of the tank, plqced under the kessil.

My light is a kessil 360, which i control with their smart controller. How much intensity, for how long, do you all recommend? I’m keeping it at about 20% max, for about 8h a day, and an additional 4h at about 10%.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    crabs_mcjones likes this.
    Tags:

2. crabs_mcjones

crabs_mcjones If my name was Sebastian, you'd totally help me R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor

20%intensity? Oh man you can crank that bad boy up more. Do it slowly however, no more than 10% a week. I have a green pocillepora under my ap700 and ramp it up to 70%, it sits about 12 inches under the light. How far off the waters surface do you have the kessil?

kyleinpdx likes this.
  3. HB AL

HB AL Well-Known Member

Ya ramp up the light, although I just have 5 Kessil 160's I keep them at 100% all the time.

4. Peter K

Peter K Member

I have 5 360's over a 180 and they are at 100% intensity for 9 hours a day. I have pocillopora / stylo's from 6" deep to 18" deep and haven't really noticed a difference in growth yet.

5. BoomCorals

BoomCorals www.boomcorals.com R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor Toys For Kids Sponsor

Yea definitely time to crank up that kessil!

6. VR28man

VR28man Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Thanks, folks! I will Ramp it up - the seller told me he ”had it under AI Prime HDs.... around 170-220 PAR” right before i got it yesterday. But I’ll bring it up slowly still. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted