How Much Kessil for Pocillopora Dam.?

  • Thread starter Thread starter VR28man
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
1,039
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, just got my first sps, a green (tipped, under actinic) pocillopra damicornis. It’s now in a 19” deep tank, with the top at maybe 7 inches from the surface of the tank, plqced under the kessil.

My light is a kessil 360, which i control with their smart controller. How much intensity, for how long, do you all recommend? I’m keeping it at about 20% max, for about 8h a day, and an additional 4h at about 10%.

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Hey all, just got my first sps, a green (tipped, under actinic) pocillopra damicornis. It’s now in a 19” deep tank, with the top at maybe 7 inches deom the surface of the tank, plqced under the kessil.

My light is a kessil 360, which i control with their smart controller. How much intensity, for how long, do you all recommend? I’m keeping it at about 20% max, for about 8h a day, and an additional 4h at about 10%.

Thanks!
20%intensity? Oh man you can crank that bad boy up more. Do it slowly however, no more than 10% a week. I have a green pocillepora under my ap700 and ramp it up to 70%, it sits about 12 inches under the light. How far off the waters surface do you have the kessil?
 
Ya ramp up the light, although I just have 5 Kessil 160's I keep them at 100% all the time.
 
I have 5 360's over a 180 and they are at 100% intensity for 9 hours a day. I have pocillopora / stylo's from 6" deep to 18" deep and haven't really noticed a difference in growth yet.
 
Thanks, folks! I will Ramp it up - the seller told me he ”had it under AI Prime HDs.... around 170-220 PAR” right before i got it yesterday. But I’ll bring it up slowly still. :D
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new