How much KH do you dose throughout the day?

I'm dosing 120ml on 100 gal and even have to supplement with
Additional Co of 30 to 40 ml to balance out and keep dosing all
4 elementz the same amount
 
i wonder if you guys dosing a ton are trying to keep levels elevated beyond 8.

15 ml a day but i keep my alk in the mid 7s. 300 gallon total volume. (newer tank though)
 
32 gallon tank, mixed SPS and LPS. Mine varies considerably so I test ALK every day.

Over the last two months it has ranged between 11 ml and 13 ml per day.
 
450 litres total volume, mixed reef. Currently dosing KH/alk in conjunction with Ca (Balling Classic), around 170ml a day, give or take
 
About 180 gal. net volume, predominantly SPS mixed reef; I was dosing 125mL of both Ca and Alk of Randy's recipe #1, along with using fully saturated kalk in my ATO. I kept my param's near NSW.
 
I have a 46g tank with 10g sump and 4g refugium. I add 2 tea spoon of kalk every week and that's it.
 
2 parts 40ml kh and 40ml calcium daily 60 gallon mix with 20 gallon sump
 
Calcium doesn't decrease very much. But KH and MG decrease very much. I change 200 liters every 20 days with red sea coral pro salt. I was dosing 65 ml per day. I bought a plate coral today. KH was around 7.7 . When I tested it decreased to 6.6 after adding plate coral. I increased dosing amount by 20 ml immediately. Am I right?

If magnesium decreases more than about 10% of the calcium decline, that is testing error, or a water change messing with the apparent demand.

The ratios are relative fixed in the ways all three decline as corals deposit calcium carbonate.

For a 3 dKH drop in alkalinity, calcium will drop by about 20 ppm and magnesium will drop by about 0.1-2 ppm (depending on which corals are depositing skeletons).
 
200l(52gal) mixed reef tank,
10.8ml of Randy's Recipe #1, every night, dosed in 3x small doses to minimise impact on pH.

20313993309_b6a8c3b746_o.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new