How much Nori for 1 Tang

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got four tangs, two Bellus angels and six chromis. Everyone of them go after the Nori. One full 5”” clip on one side of the tang and a half sheet on the other side Everyday. That’s to let the Bellus have access to one of them. It’s all gone in about two minutes. The Chromis clean up all the little pieces.. Fun to watch the big tangs run from one end to the other to try and control both clips.

Thomas Jedlicka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it depends on the size of the sheet. people re saying an 1/8 of a sheet but i buy the sheets that are like 8X11. For a little guy that small I wouldn't feed anything bigger than a coin, maybe like half an inch in diameter. See if the little fish eats it and feed until it stops eating them. As the fish grows it will obviously increase in the amount you feed. But I see no point in throwing in a ton for it to just clog up your over flow. Nori really likes to gather and I try to keep it out of plumbing as much as possible

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Don't add nori where it is floating around in the tank. Rather attach it to a clip or tied it to a rock. I use a clip ans suspended it in the middle of the tank, just under the water surface. Add enough so the tang(s) finish near the end of the day.
How to train the fishes and feed Nori to our tank

BigBoneTangs.jpg
Oh that pbt chunky

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
In that case, I feed 4 tangs 1/2 sheet of nori , 6 cubes of mysis and pellets with flakes throughout the day. They are constantly eating as well. I don’t like skinny fish . My export is ramped up full refugium and skimmer , socks etc .

I am lazy with my nori I just throw it in there and they rip it apart like sharks

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back