How much phyto for Tigriopus pods?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Grallster
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Grallster

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2019
Messages
192
Reaction score
135
Location
South Bend
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I’ve been trying to culture tigriopus copepods in a 6 gallon tank and feeding them with nannochloropsis. How much should I typically be adding in a day? I know people say to keep a slight green tinge to the water but it gets hard to see when algae starts growing on the glass. Also, will the pods snack on gracillaria macroalgae? I’m trying to grow that in the tank with the copepods.
Thanks
Dave
 
not sure if it scales up the same to your tank size but FWIW I use 1/3 ratio in my 3L bottle. 1L phyto. I don't dose daily, I just add 1L phyto in the 3L bottle and harvest every 7 days or so
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new