How much rotifers do I feed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 7hogwarts
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

7hogwarts

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
522
Reaction score
219
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend gave me a gallon of rotifer culture the other day, but I have no idea how to use them. How much to add to the system. Is it better to add them to the tank day or night? Any thing else I should know about rotifers?
 
take some of the rotti water screan threw a coffee filter then rince the filter in the tank...
how big is your culture? how big is your system..... rotifers have a short lifespan, so I think its like 1/3 of your culture you need to use every day or so..
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new