• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

How much should I charge for a large colony of GSP

Atrumblood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all,

I am looking to sell a large colony of GSP I have been growing for nearly a year and a half.
The piece is roughly 6-7 inches at its widest and covers nearly the entire side of the rock it has grown on to.

The pane of glass to the left of the colony is 12 inches wide for reference.

I am not sure how much I should charge.
Any thoughts?

20220228_203508.jpg

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hard to say, I know people that have so much that they just end up dumping it as they are super fast growing and our LFS wont take any. I would also base it on the rock size so anywhere from 40-80$ maybe, depends on demand in your local area

OP
OP
Atrumblood

Atrumblood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hard to say, I know people that have so much that they just end up dumping it as they are super fast growing and our LFS wont take any. I would also base it on the rock size so anywhere from 40-80$ maybe, depends on demand in your local area
Thank you for your reply, that helps.

OP
OP
Atrumblood

Atrumblood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try and give it away. Only the inexperienced will pay more than a few dollars for it.
Not that I would try to take advantage of anyone, but maybe someone would pay 40-80 USD if they needed to set up a show tank and didn't have time to wait for a frag to grow out? I really don't have a clue what the market is like for pieces like this.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I would try to take advantage of anyone, but maybe someone would pay 40-80 USD if they needed to set up a show tank and didn't have time to wait for a frag to grow out? I really don't have a clue what the market is like for pieces like this.
I suppose.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think $40-$50 would be fair. As far as only the inexperienced paying more than a few dollars is total bs.
Some people like corals like this and it's not the invasive monster some make it out to be.
I've been in the hobby nearly 40 years and I still have it in my softy tank.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back