How much silicone should i need for a 300 gallon?

jimmert33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, so I dont know if this is the right place or appropriate spot to ask this question is this thread but anyways... After seeing the shotty job the person before me did to the silicone it is a must to redo it. The tanks dimensions are 72 by 36 by 27 how much silicone do you think I need? Thanks any info will help, info that may help is I plan on doing a 1/2" bead as that is the thickness of the glass. I've resealed smaller tanks just never something of this size

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the sealers will have feet/bead information on the tubes, but you'll have to read that crazy fine print! Otherwise, someone on here will be able to provide that detail. GL.

OP
OP
jimmert33

jimmert33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys so much! I'll try to post here how many it will take I'm going to get 4 to be super safe, I will try to remember to post here how many it ended up taking. Thanks again!

98dak83cam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm placing my bet now.... 2 :)
Tape on each side of your seams anywhere the seam will be visible. I went about 3/8" on each side. It will look really neat. Don't put it on too thick, it will have curing issues and just look bad. Good luck!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back