How much time is too much time

Mrod91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Serious question...

how much time is too much time spent starring at your reef tank?

how much time do you spend starring at your tank?

Coastie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not think you can stare at your tank to long. My wife watches the tank every morning while drinking her coffee. I am always going by and checking out everything.

Arsenix2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL I literally just came to my phone and read this after staring at my tank for 15 minutes nose to glass. Fish, inverts, coral, organisms. We are so fortunate to be able to have such a beautiful piece of the ocean right at our fingertips.

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I stare at mine almost every day, normal is about an hour. But, sometimes I work late and the lights go out and I feel like I'm missing out :(
I just solved this by building a 2gal pico tank that's in my bedroom. It's reverse photoperiod so when the big tank goes to night time this one turns on making a wonderful living night light that I can stare at as I fall asleep and if I wake in the middle of the night. Now I don't feel like I'm missing out as I just move my viewing to the next tank .

Regular_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I’m done with my daily checks I’ll sit in the lounge chair and watch it for 15-20mins, most would say that this is normal but it’s still cycling

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only reason I don't stare more is my tangs make me feel guilty! During covid, at least a half hour over the course of a day, but that doesn't include maintenance.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually don't spend a lot of time at all.....if I do, I start looking for problems lol. I will glance at it as I walk by....look to see if I see any coral growth, and keep moving.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back