How much vinegar to dose? - Replacing NOPOX

AbnormalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am currently dosing 15 ml per day of NOPOX on my ~210 gallon system. I am looking to replacing this amount with vinegar for economical reasons (and because the parents will pay for it, since they use it in cooking, haha). Although, I am not sure how to convert the carbon in 15 ml of NOPOX into the carbon in X ml of vinegar? Please let me know if anyone can find out! Thanks!

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am currently dosing 15 ml per day of NOPOX on my ~210 gallon system. I am looking to replacing this amount with vinegar for economical reasons (and because the parents will pay for it, since they use it in cooking, haha). Although, I am not sure how to convert the carbon in 15 ml of NOPOX into the carbon in X ml of vinegar? Please let me know if anyone can find out! Thanks!

Now I have never switched to vinegar from NOPOX, but here is a good guide on how to dose and maintain your daily dosage.

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index...ar-dosing-methodology-for-the-marine-aquarium

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NOPOX is mostly matched by

"Mix one part vinegar to one half part vodka and one half part water"

If you use just vinegar (my preference), I'd use about 4 times as much vinegar as you previously used NOPOX.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 47 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 5.0%
Back