How much vinegar to dose? - Replacing NOPOX

AbnormalReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2018
Messages
237
Reaction score
183
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am currently dosing 15 ml per day of NOPOX on my ~210 gallon system. I am looking to replacing this amount with vinegar for economical reasons (and because the parents will pay for it, since they use it in cooking, haha). Although, I am not sure how to convert the carbon in 15 ml of NOPOX into the carbon in X ml of vinegar? Please let me know if anyone can find out! Thanks!
 
Hello all,

I am currently dosing 15 ml per day of NOPOX on my ~210 gallon system. I am looking to replacing this amount with vinegar for economical reasons (and because the parents will pay for it, since they use it in cooking, haha). Although, I am not sure how to convert the carbon in 15 ml of NOPOX into the carbon in X ml of vinegar? Please let me know if anyone can find out! Thanks!

Now I have never switched to vinegar from NOPOX, but here is a good guide on how to dose and maintain your daily dosage.

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index...ar-dosing-methodology-for-the-marine-aquarium
 
NOPOX is mostly matched by

"Mix one part vinegar to one half part vodka and one half part water"

If you use just vinegar (my preference), I'd use about 4 times as much vinegar as you previously used NOPOX.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new