How much water flow for my Duncan

Mata_01

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2025
Messages
55
Reaction score
12
Location
Portugal
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! So I have this Duncan for about 2 weeks and still don’t really know what’s the quantity of water flow that I should have on him.
Here is a video on how much flow he is receiving, should I increase or decrease the flow?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0177.mov
    21 MB
Couldn’t get your video to play, but they don’t require much flow (or light for that matter). I keep mine on the sanded. Just enough flow to make their tentacles wave gently. They do like to eat, so feed them.
 
Hey! So I have this Duncan for about 2 weeks and still don’t really know what’s the quantity of water flow that I should have on him.
Here is a video on how much flow he is receiving, should I increase or decrease the flow?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0177.mov
    21 MB
  • 76442831414__8E1D9E1C-6D76-4763-91B6-CD1F55E43CD5.MOV
    380.8 KB
I can’t see it either but duncans do well with moderate flow.https://share.icloud.com/photos/0a3njR336jd6I5yDMwA18hL5Q
 
Couldn’t get your video to play, but they don’t require much flow (or light for that matter). I keep mine on the sanded. Just enough flow to make their tentacles wave gently. They do like to eat, so feed them.
Here’s a photo just for the location
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 54
Same. I have my Duncan between 2 rocks on the sandbed.

Enough flow to have them waving but you don’t want them looking like Torches.
 
I have mine a bit less but I think you are good. Just watch it over a couple of days and you’ll see if it is liking it or not.

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new