How much would I spend to replace my hammer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter >>klong<<
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

>>klong<<

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2020
Messages
369
Reaction score
394
Location
Hershey
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering what I'd have to spend to replace my branching toxic hammer. It is about 8" across when extended. I counted the heads on the last water change and I think it was 23 heads. We're moving soon and I'm trying to justify a new tank.

IMG_2118.jpeg
 
Wow.
Green hammer sells around here for about 10 bucks a head.

The gold about $50
Petco charges $50ish a head which is crazy… locals selling them $10-20 a pop.
 
Take it with you not an option?
 
Ppl buy coral from PetCo?? :oops:
$15 per head can be found during live sales here

Certain areas actually have decent salt water sections. My petco run a hydra 64hd on their frag tank and the guy who runs that section is a hobbyist himself. It's hit or miss though for different stores.
 
Certain areas actually have decent salt water sections. My petco run a hydra 64hd on their frag tank and the guy who runs that section is a hobbyist himself. It's hit or miss though for different stores.
I've heard this.

My understanding is petco's kind of let it be up to the guy in The Aquatics department. So, if they've got a decent employee that they may have a decent saltwater section.
 
Take it with you not an option?
It’s complicated. I have 2 small tanks: a 20 long frag tank and a 20 cube. We’ll temporarily be in our rustic cottage with lots of challenges. Basically I’d need to consolidate into a single tank.
 
It’s complicated. I have 2 small tanks: a 20 long frag tank and a 20 cube. We’ll temporarily be in our rustic cottage with lots of challenges. Basically I’d need to consolidate into a single tank.
Guessing you can sell it and put funds to next purchase. Sucks to lose something one has nurtured and grown
 
Sure 10-20 a pop, but how difficult is it to find 20+ heads. And does that increase the price?
Maybe for the right buyer, if I sell a large colony I tend to sell it cheaper.

Most people are not going to spend $400 on green Hammer Coral. Certainly no one around here. When I list it for 10 bucks a head people act like I'm ripping them off.
 
Guessing you can sell it and put funds to next purchase. Sucks to lose something one has nurtured and grown
Yep. We bought this as a sickly frag for $5 3 years ago. I think that’s were the value lies for me. I’m hearing that we may be able to replace it for not much money. Thanks everyone for the input.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new