How often do y'all do water changes?

skrimpwhisperer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2013
Messages
100
Reaction score
5
Location
Naples, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do water changes weekly, 10% each time and everything seems to be in order. Just wondering how often y'all do yours.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
 
Every saturday morning , 20 gallons on my 200 gallon tank.
 
Now, do you think with a larger tank it is ok to go longer periods without a change? I'm running a 65 mixed right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
 
22 gallons every other week on my 220. Mostly softies and lps

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
 
45g on a 240g tank every 6 months.
 
Glad to see I'm not the only one doing water changes weekly. I'm assuming having a bigger tank allows you to go longer between water changes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
 
35 gallons on 200 every 2 weeks (17.5%), but Im considering same change weekly. Every time I do a waterchange things seem to get better.

Minimum I will ever do is 30% monthly. This is from evidenced based studies. Let me know if you want the studies, i can provide.
 
Last edited:
5 to maybe 10% every other week. I have a ULNS so i reallyjust do it to keep in routine, just in case its actually needed at some.point ill already be used to doing it.
 
Weekly.... 2 to 3 gal on the 16 gal nano reef, and 5 gal on the fowlr. I may change to 8 gal every 2 wks on the fowlr, but am not sure yet
 
Biweekly 25 gallons on a 120, 10 gallons on 30 cube, and 10 gallons on 28 cube.
 
I do water changes every two weeks on my 50 and my 240.
 
I do about a laundry sink full every two weeks. I believe the laundry sink holds 20-30 gallons.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new