How often do you change your filter media?

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t remember mentioning you or saying anything in that sense until you said I was giving “dangerous advice” when you were the one implying I was referring to tap water when I said fresh water. Seriously such a waste of a comment.
Get over it

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole "problem" is because you DIDNT mention anything else but freshwater....

And, yes, for freshwater tanks, i use.... tap water. What else should i be using? Petrol? ;)

I agree. I ran a 90 gallon with a big ole Oscar. Weekly 50% water changes with tap water. Squirt of stress coat if I had some. Tank ran fantastically. Oscar was near a foot when I rehomed him and the tank. All from a 1.5” baby O.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carbon, you can change every couple of weeks to a month, some people say carbon is exhausted within a week, some say longer, no one really knows, so pick a period you feel is good, if when changing water you see a yellow tint to the water then you could change then or if you think something has been added to the tank that shouldn’t be in there, the carbon will help remove it so change sooner.
Phosphate remover you need to keep an eye on your test results as soon as your po4 starts to go up again, it needs replacing. All depends how much you use, and how much po4 is in the tank! Could be every few days to a week or more.
Rings, just rinse in your old tank water when you do a water change every month or when they look a little dirty.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back