How often do YOU feed Nori?

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you with herbivores; tangs, angels, blennies, etc.

How often do you feed Nori to your tank?

I have a yellow tang and a lawnmower blenny in my tank and I feed Nori 3 times a week on a magnetic veggie clip.

Steviereefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question, I would like to know as well. My blenny finally ate most of the tanks algae, and I would like to know how much to feed him Nori.

gweston

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Tangs in a mixed reef. . A Yellow and a Convict. They get fed twice a day with a variety of foods, and get a sheet of nori every other day. They certainly would eat it every day if I provided.. but I want to encourage grazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

glamisracers

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 10 tangs in my tank and i feed them nori 2 times a day + meaty food every other day my clowns wrasses foxface etc all eats the nori as well

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3-4 times a week

All my fish eat it, including my diamond goby and clown fish. But only the Rod's Foods red nori. They all have very sophisticated palettes

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every day about 1/4 sheet, my blue tang is a grouch and will take it out on my Lavender if he's not fed good.

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed it daily. I have three tangs, but everybody in the tank goes into a feeding frenzy when I add it.

birdsnest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to put a sheet of brown seaweed in every other day for my naso tang but everything else eats it as well. I found some dry roasted nori at the thai market that doesnt have any flavoring added to it. Anyone forsee any adverse effects to using this as opposed to the brand you would find at the LFS?

KSzegi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to put a sheet of brown seaweed in every other day for my naso tang but everything else eats it as well. I found some dry roasted nori at the thai market that doesnt have any flavoring added to it. Anyone forsee any adverse effects to using this as opposed to the brand you would find at the LFS?

So long as it is free of any other preservatives or anything, don't see a problem. I occasionally add some other types like that - currently have a bag of wakame seaweed that I'm using - and put some into my homemade fish food mix too. They don't seem to like it as well as the tlf algae sheets for daily grazing but eat it up when chopped up into the mix ....

gobeach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every day, in the morning. I've started putting 2 clips out so my yellow tang has a chance to eat. My big blue Tang is getting aggressive with food.

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the brown nori cut in 1/2 in. strips.Twice a day. My LFS gets it somewhere in bulk and repacks it for a great price. The tangs seem to like it better than the green.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back