nitrates near undetectable
phosphates 0.06

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’ve fed as much as twice a day to as little as once a week, my question is how much do you guys feed your fish and what fish do you have, if you have corals how often do you feed them and what types of corals

thanks for all inputs :)

Does depend on the types of fish. Some, like anthias and chromis, requires smaller more frequent feedings. I personally prefer 2-3 times a day in smaller quantities (the amount they will eat in about 30 seconds). I don't specifically feed my corals. I know a lot of people do; I just find that the 'byproducts' of feeding the fish is all the corals need.

You do need to be mindful of nutrient buildup. Either make sure you have the requisite nutrient export mechanisms in place or size the fish population (thus the feeding amount) to what you already have.

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 14 fish and a few coral - at first I was feeding a pinch of flake food and pellets once a day. Then realised my nitrates were 0 so I started “over feeding “ same amount 2x a day and a small square of nori 3 x a day. Still don’t think I’m over feeding as nitrates are still 0

jayoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed twice a day frozen. Nori every other day. Reef Roids once a week.
IMG_0266.jpg

Lemonjuice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 fish. Feed them dried brine shrimp every morning and pellets in the evening. I drop 8-10 alive guppies babies 2-3 times a week

Attreui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm in the minority. My schedule wont let me feed more than once a day. I actually feed every other day. I have 17 fish mostly very large herbivores like a 7 inch rabbitfish and 6 inch tangs but also a bunch of chromis, clowns, goatfish, hawks etc. I feed a big piece of large frozen mysis, a cube of brine and Formula 2 pellets and flakes. I also put nori in every few days. Everyone seems fat and happy.

M

Max_nano

View Badges
I have two clowns. They get pellets once a day from an auto feeder. I have to dose nitrates to keep up with the demand from the corals.

I prefer to have the auto feeder and dosing nitrates because it keeps the nutrient import stable if I’m home or away. I had issues when I would feed more/higher nutrient foods because if I was ever away from the tank the nutrients would drop. But I have only had small tanks where parameters like that are able to fluctuate faster.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two times a day, a dry mix including flake via auto feeder.
Once a day, a wet mix of frozen Mysis, Brine, Krill and Bloodworm.
Corals once per day, after lights out 3 hours, phyto and zoo.
B6F118BF-EBB2-427A-8499-DFD5EF80B515.jpeg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.0%
Back