How often do you see shrimps

Tropical2reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you see peppermint shrimps
I bought one yestoday seamed fine I seen it in the rocks a few hours after but haven't seen it after that could it be dead or do they spend alot of time hiding. And behind or in rocks? Are they day or night

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you see peppermint shrimps
I bought one yestoday seamed fine I seen it in the rocks a few hours after but haven't seen it after that could it be dead or do they spend alot of time hiding. And behind or in rocks? Are they day or night
Almost never see mine. Sometimes after lights out. Honestly, not even sure how many I have. I added 9-10 to help battle aptasia, no idea how many are in the tank now!

OP
OP
Tropical2reef

Tropical2reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect thank least I know now he's probably hiding anyone there that would be willing to help me with my tank I'm pretty new to salt water and my partner knows a lot about tropical we have a 550 ltr with sump

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never saw mine during the day. I actually thought they had died, until, I looked at the tank at night and saw them roaming about.

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 8 of these 3 weeks ago 1 was larger and the others smaller.
I have only seen the larger one for the first week hiding in caves. I have not see one of the smaller ones they all swam into the work work as soon as they hit the tank.

Since then I have not seen any of them now. However I have seen a big break out of aiptasia show. I was hoping these would keep up with them since i had to get rid of my file fish for picking my zoa and my duncans. Man that file fish did work not one until he left...

My cleaner shrimp is always out and about..

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it was just me. My peppermint shrimp and my emerald crab have decided to become best buddies. They live in a cave together and are virtually gone from the tank during the day. During coral feedings, the peppermint shrimp will usually come out for me to blast him in the face with some food. Outside of those times, I rarely see him or the emerald crab. I did notice one aiptasia on a frag before going on vacation, after I came back from vacation, I couldn't spot the aiptasia. So im guessing my peppermint shrimp is working!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.8%
Back