How often if at all do you feed your sps corals?

reeferbuddy215

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2017
Messages
239
Reaction score
75
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have like 8 sps corals all frags but I feed them two little fishes acro power and some stuff I forget it's name but it's good for frags amd regrow ingredients tissue, then I feed them reef pearls all mixed in a cup with a tad of corals frenzy which I feed in the am when the blues are on cuz theirs better polyp extention. I do this like 3 times a week is this over kill?
 
Most people will just say they don't directly feed the corals. They feed on light, zooplankton and bacteria plankton. So that means you need food to create bacteria, such as fish poop. I personally feel that if you have bioload to spare, and can grind up food into puree for your corals, than that means you could have had a lot more fish instead!
 
I feed mine everyday with the same fish food particles left uneaten corsls benefit from this
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new