How often to clean your dirty skimmer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GeoHawk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
You guys are hardcore, my cup drains to a collection jug. I clean the neck once maybe twice every 3 months. Never cleaned the skimmer body. All the plastic usually stays pretty clean. Then again my skimmer doesn't have bubbles in it all the time, AquaC EV180 w/ mag 9.5 cleaning up my lightly stocked 120.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
At least there is one other person who seldom cleans it. I do notice it skims a little better when its clean, but I rarely clean mine.
 
I usually empty my cup evey couple of days. My skimmer sits in the back chamber of my tank so pulling it out to clean will be a mission. It is still fairly new so maybe down the road i could pull it out and clean it all. My cup gets a wipe down every few weeks though.
 
I wipe the inside of the neck with a paper towel whenever I empty the the collection cup
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 100.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new