How often to feed pod population phyto?

Trenton Henderson

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2022
Messages
210
Reaction score
99
Location
Knoxville
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you all feed your pods phytoplankton (in your tank not a culture)? If you do, how often and what is your go-to brand?

I have a 60 gallon that is approaching a year and a half old and I will be adding a mandarin soon. The goal is to get him on frozen, but I would like to ensure the population is always solid. I dump in some Reef Nutrition Phyto Feast about once a week or two in the evening after the lights go out.

Thanks everyone in advance!
 
There’s a lot of food, waste, detritus etc daily in your tank which are a constant food source for your pods. You can’t stop these prolific breeders from providing a constant live food source for your Mandarin. Good luck.
Or you haven't met a very determined mandarin? I ran out after six months of breeding pods in the tank. I also assumed that there'll always be enough pods.. nope.. my mistake. Have to grow pods separately now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new