How reliable is livestock shipping in the UP?

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Northern Ontario and can actually see MI from the front of my house. I've lived here for about a year and a half and prior to moving I thought it would be easier to get stuff shipped here. In Canada very few retail shops ship via the airline that flies to Sault Ste Marie, and Fedex / UPS are subcontracted out to local companies who are less reliable.

Then I got thinking maybe I should have livestock (Fish and maybe anemones I know all hard corals are cites protected) to the US and just bring them home. There is a place that accepts packages for $3 a package and it's only about an hour away from me. I'm almost an hour from Sault Ontario so really it's only an extra 10 minutes.

Curious if overnight shipping is reliable and what websites are you ordering fish from?
thanks

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Northern Ontario and can actually see MI from the front of my house. I've lived here for about a year and a half and prior to moving I thought it would be easier to get stuff shipped here. In Canada very few retail shops ship via the airline that flies to Sault Ste Marie, and Fedex / UPS are subcontracted out to local companies who are less reliable.

Then I got thinking maybe I should have livestock (Fish and maybe anemones I know all hard corals are cites protected) to the US and just bring them home. There is a place that accepts packages for $3 a package and it's only about an hour away from me. I'm almost an hour from Sault Ontario so really it's only an extra 10 minutes.

Curious if overnight shipping is reliable and what websites are you ordering fish from?
thanks
Where is the location at that they would be shipped to? Im not in the UP but if its close to a major city I would see no reason why it would be unreliable.

OP
OP
andrewkw

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is the location at that they would be shipped to? Im not in the UP but if its close to a major city I would see no reason why it would be unreliable.

Sault Ste Marie, MI - not a major city nor near one.

I saw no reason to think Fedex / UPS would be unreliable here in Northern Ontario, but as I mentioned here in Canada they outsource the work in rural areas to 3rd party carriers. There is no fedex / ups hub ect.

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sault Ste Marie, MI - not a major city nor near one.

I saw no reason to think Fedex / UPS would be unreliable here in Northern Ontario, but as I mentioned here in Canada they outsource the work in rural areas to 3rd party carriers. There is no fedex / ups hub ect.
Hmmm im not sure then, maybe ask that place if they get actual Ups/fedex or if its outsourced there?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back