How small a tank can house a clam?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MsBeanCtr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MsBeanCtr

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
WA State
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I did ask the dreaded question. I've been out of the SW hobby for many, many years but I'm seriously toying with the idea of getting back into it. I had several different clams in my last tanks..... but again, I need to downsize and go a weebit smaller than what I previously had. Water changes won't be an issue and I'm obviously not looking to add one for a while since I need to cycle and then have the tank up and running for close to a year. Recommendations for sizes?
 
I've seen people with small tanks house clams. The thing is any clam will outgrow a nano tank. What size tank were you thinking about getting?
 
I believe a crocea clam would be fine in that size. They don't get as large as the other tridacna clams. I'm sure others will chime in about this.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new