How to add some colour?

Dantetsuken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

While I hope to get at least 1 anemone in a few months - tank is only 8 months old and has had fish in it for 6 - I'd like to add some colours byt unsure what to go for.

Currently I have 3 small zoa frags and a kenya tree (if I remember it right);

Had an outbreak of cyano while I was on holidays so the corals only started recovering recently, while I think my Atraea snails didn't make it (they haven't moved in days);

Outbreak is well under control and rest of the inhabitants are quite happy:

2 clowns:
1 pink spot gobi;
4 green gobi;
2 firefish;
2 pistol shrimps;
2 cleaner shrimps;

Parameters are all where they should be so now I am trying to find out how to add some more colour to the tank ?
Can I risk some larger corals instead of frags?

Also which other fish would you suggest I go for?
Tank is small, 135lt.

Any suggestion welcome,
Thanks

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoanthids are relatively cheap and offer lots of color variations. Mushrooms are another option. In terms of fish, with a ~35 gallon tank 8-10 fish is probably a good stocking level. So 1-2 more small fish like a dottyback, royal gramma (etc.) might make good additions.

OP
OP
Dantetsuken

Dantetsuken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoanthids are relatively cheap and offer lots of color variations. Mushrooms are another option. In terms of fish, with a ~35 gallon tank 8-10 fish is probably a good stocking level. So 1-2 more small fish like a dottyback, royal gramma (etc.) might make good additions.
Thanks,
Sounds like a plan.
Fishwise, my local store has a few options that on paper might work but have 0 experience on it:

- copperband butterfly;
- flameback dwarf angel;
-coral beauty dwarf angel;
- regal and purple tang;

Would any of those be happy ?

Thanks again

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks,
Sounds like a plan.
Fishwise, my local store has a few options that on paper might work but have 0 experience on it:

- copperband butterfly;
- flameback dwarf angel;
-coral beauty dwarf angel;
- regal and purple tang;

Would any of those be happy ?

Thanks again
All of those fish are too large for your tank. Even with wrasses you might get by with a sixline as long as it is added last. Maybe add it and an orchid dottyback at the same exact time. Depending on your lighting you could do some of the brighter favias. Zoanthids are always a good choice as they come in soo many different colors. Mushrooms come in a wide variety as well and don’t require a ton of light!

OP
OP
Dantetsuken

Dantetsuken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of those fish are too large for your tank. Even with wrasses you might get by with a sixline as long as it is added last. Maybe add it and an orchid dottyback at the same exact time. Depending on your lighting you could do some of the brighter favias. Zoanthids are always a good choice as they come in soo many different colors. Mushrooms come in a wide variety as well and don’t require a ton of light!
Thanks,
If they'll grow too big then I'll let them be and stick to royal gamma or dottyback then.

And thanks for the other info, too!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back