How to adjust XR15 without terrorizing my fish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mindblock769

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I installed (2) XR15 G5 Blues yesterday for the first time. I have 2 clown fish (FOWLR atm)

Once I turned them on, it hit them with 100% intensity and freaked them out. I turned them down manually and tried to use the app to adjust a schedule, but when you click a certain time it would boost the lights all the way back up to 100% intenisty. Im still trying to figure out the app (which is trash btw), but can I set the schedule without the lights freaking out on me and freaking out my fish? They've only been using ambient lighting the past couple days and this is a big stress factor on them.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres no way to set the schedule without it forcing a preview at 100% unfortunately.
Its a feature ive requested via the "shake the device to report a feature" myself.

Frustrating i know - But i wouldnt worry about it freaking the fish out. Clowns do some odd things anyway and it wasnt so long ago that we all used timers and T5 tubes that went straight on to full power and off at set times. It shouldnt be an issue.

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temporarily put a large piece of cardboard over your tank. I have done that before when adjusting lights. To me the bigger issue is trying to adjust Vortecs which default to 100%. I wish Ecotech would make the default/starting power 30% or something.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%

Back