How to attach PVC pipe to concrete wall

Laird

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish room has a 13foot concrete wall that I need to run my plumbing along for multiple tanks. Whats the best way to mount the pvc pie to the concrete wall? I want a clean and organized look.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get the PVC pipe clamps. You may find them easier in the electrical section. We use PVC for electrical conduit also and it is the same thing. I use either one.

OP
OP
Laird

Laird

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get the PVC pipe clamps. You may find them easier in the electrical section. We use PVC for electrical conduit also and it is the same thing. I use either one.

Do you have a link to these? I'm not sure what they are.

These?

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pipe clamps. I have hundreds of them. If you have a hardware store or Home Depot they have them. Very common item. Use rawl plugs or even those plastic wall plugs as there is really no weight on them.

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something like this (probably cheaper at an electrical supply)
And redhead (or similar) concrete fasteners

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish room has a 13foot concrete wall that I need to run my plumbing along for multiple tanks. Whats the best way to mount the pvc pie to the concrete wall? I want a clean and organized look.

Duct tape!

Metal straps (the "U" type) paint them, and masonry screw them to the wall..... other option is build a soffit.

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Conduit/pipe clamps like mentioned. You may need an impact/hammer drill and a masonry bit to anchor into the concrete though. Standard drill usually wont cut it.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres many ways available to suit your taste. Regular pipe straps with one or two holes can be found at any local hardware store or you can special order colors to match your plumbing (if you're using colored piping). Also you could make a decorative sleeve from something like stained wood or stainless steel to match about any interior design you wanted. Whatever possible way you could think of, or want, would be possible.

The easiest and most cost effective install would be the metal or plastic straps from the electrical section of the hardware store and the wall anchor screws to match surface you're mounting them on.

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tapcons are pricey! But, what isn't.. lol.

I'd probably not use them to secure the pipes themselves to the wall directly. A lot of work to adjust and many more holes in your wall. I think I'd run a 2x6 the length of the wall, hit it with white water sealant paint, and tap-con the boards to the wall, then use standard screws and clamps to attach your plumbing to it. Should give a clean look and be readily adjustable.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like commercial look. Uni strut.

images (2).jpeg download (1).jpeg

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about zip ties and duct tape? Lol. Kidding of course.

Also probably two good questions are how many pipes and budget?

If it's multiple pipes I would do unistrut. You can cut the sections of unistrut to mount however many pipes you need then get the proper sized clamps to attach the pipes at each location of piece of unistrut. That way the only thing you are having to bolt to the wall is the pieces of unistrut every so many feet. Then each pipe can mount to it and be spaced evenly and level

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another, arguably more expensive option for the clean look would be to frame a wall infront of it and plywood the wall then paint it. Then you could mount whatever, wherever and whenever you want :cool:

In my fish room the wall is framed already but I'll be adding a 1/2" layer of plywood then covering it in 1/4" drywall so my mounting options are limitless...

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my fish room the wall is framed already but I'll be adding a 1/2" layer of plywood then covering it in 1/4" drywall so my mounting options are limitless...

I never heard what size pipe? 1'- 2" I would use a 2 hole strap multiple pipes definitely uni-strut, small stuff 1/2-3/4 one hole strap and any wood screw laying around

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am an electrician and if you were going to attach a few pipes I would go with uni strut or as we electricians call it "Kindorf" (which is slightly different.
We use it for just about everything on commercial jobs. That stuff is very expensive for a home.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back