How to avoid scammers ?

Fuyuan888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Within this month, i have had total of 2 scammed by R2R members from this market buy and sell forum . I have been in this forum since 3 years ago and never had this **** happend to me before . To who should i escalate this matter in this forum regarding scammers? Anyone have an idea ?

OP
OP
Fuyuan888

Fuyuan888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This member has a good history of selling corals. Bur he is just deliberately avoid responding to my questions after i made my payment with paypal. But he promised me that he would ship it today

OP
OP
Fuyuan888

Fuyuan888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try to reveal this member yet by saying their names. I would five him a couple days to respond

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This member has a good history of selling corals. Bur he is just deliberately avoid responding to my questions after i made my payment with paypal. But he promised me that he would ship it today
I mean it’s PayPal you will get your money’s back

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really see an issue here yet. I would guess he will still send you out the coral you bought. I understand sometimes it’s upsetting to expect a certain day but as long as he eventually responds to you and takes care of it I see no big deal. I have had major vendors do this to me and they call to say sorry there was an issue and figure out what is next best day to ship

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah . But i made it payable to friends not merchants. Is there a difference ?
Yes it does matter, for paypal you should always have them send you an invoice from a selling paypal account. Never do friends and family payments for products, sellers may want to avoid a fee but this also voids your protection in the transaction in most cases. Sorry to see this happen, hopefully the seller will get this one to you and isnt a scammer though

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s always 2 sides to a story. The guy said he shipping it out, if someone bugs me to death I’ll ignore ya as well. If he doesn’t ship it, then ya you have a case. But calling someone a scammer when the seller has clearly communicated with you is not scamming…

OP
OP
Fuyuan888

Fuyuan888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The seller actually did response to me. I guess he just have family issue and forgot

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The seller actually did response to me. I guess he just have family issue and forgot
If members don’t come through on their end of the deal then PM us the names and we will restrict their access to the market forums.

OP
OP
Fuyuan888

Fuyuan888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s always 2 sides to a story. The guy said he shipping it out, if someone bugs me to death I’ll ignore ya as well. If he doesn’t ship it, then ya you have a case. But calling someone a scammer when the seller has clearly communicated with you is not scamming…
I was just simply sent out a reminder to the seller. I did not even call him a scammer . I just said i got scammed by someone on this forum without even saying who the member was . I am trying to make aware to my fellow reefers that people could be scamming here. Because i got scammed few weeks ago as well wirh another member

Back