How to calculate ab+ for hydra 32?

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
@randyBRS
Hi Randy
Regarding the new video you posted "LED vs T5: LEDs can do it better! 3 Ways to Get Better Coral Coloration in Your Reef Tank."
It got me really confused when comparing the Hydra64 AB+ settings you recommended vs the ones presented in the new video.
Is it possible to get the "most aproximate" settings for the Hydra32 ?
The last video was only a demonstration for how LEDs and their different approaches to adjustable channels affect the way we use them to create a cohesive spectrum blend. It was not an attempt to come up with a BRS Recommended Spectrum Ratio. I still stand behind the spectrum ratio we developed in the original Hydra 64 and Hydra 32 videos. :)

Miguel Pxt

View Badges
Reaction score
The last video was only a demonstration for how LEDs and their different approaches to adjustable channels affect the way we use them to create a cohesive spectrum blend. It was not an attempt to come up with a BRS Recommended Spectrum Ratio. I still stand behind the spectrum ratio we developed in the original Hydra 64 and Hydra 32 videos. :)
Thank You, Master Randy!
So I will stick to your advise/spectrum. To achieve a more blueish underwater look, would you lower the whites, increase the blues ?

Calebss

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey guys

do we have an download for the schedule for this for the 32HD Hydra?

thank you

hope you all keeping safe.

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
@randyBRS
Any update on a timeline for the data testing on the 16hd?
Currently undergoing testing as we speak. :) This one is a bit more in-depth because we're adding in a couple more tank sizes, so with remaining testing time and we putting the data into video production my best guess would be in the next 2-3 weeks.

Nick Steele

View Badges
Reaction score
Currently undergoing testing as we speak. :) This one is a bit more in-depth because we're adding in a couple more tank sizes, so with remaining testing time and we putting the data into video production my best guess would be in the next 2-3 weeks.
Good to hear! I’m excited and hope there is a nuvo20 in there so I know exact numbers for my tank haha.

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
@randyBRS What about the AB+ for the hydra 32? Is the BRS recommendation that same as the AB+?
Probably not exactly the same, but the spectrum recommendations we choose are based on coral growth and energy needs first then some tweaks to make the tank look good. All of those concepts behind how and why we believe this is the best approach to choosing a spectrum for any light is based on this entire mini-series that Ryan recently did about Mastering Reef Tank Lighting.

How often do you clean your filter socks?

• Every few days

Votes: 233 25.8%
  • Every weekend

Votes: 144 16.0%
  • Every other week

Votes: 71 7.9%
  • Every month

Votes: 36 4.0%
  • When they look dirty

Votes: 72 8.0%
  • I don't ever clean them

Votes: 11 1.2%