How to catch a fish in a 8ft tank?

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all , I've been trying to catch and remove a Koran Angel from my 320gal but he's just too fast and there are too many hiding places, is there a fish trap that I can get ?

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

debby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you need to leave the traps in place for a while and put the food for the fish in the traps - they'll get comfortable with the traps and going in and out regularly

Bills_Reef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have done this many times in my 180 gal. tanks and have had great results. make a tall 3 sided trap out of egg crate and nylon tie straps the 4th side being the glass front of the tank itself. leave the tie straps a little lose so all 3 sides can swing around a bit. put trap in water standing flat open tilting it back so it stands up right. leave there for days or so until all fish start swimming past it, do all your feeding in front of it also. when you think the right fish is passing by it day after day have a helper with net/ bucket standby. stand in front of the trap and grab hold of the 2 swing ends, when fish enters area fold ends forward until they are up against the inner front glass to form a seal, hold it there well. fish can be strong and push out the bottom of the sides !! have helper net fish out ....

ReeferBud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a fish trap with a sliding door that you control with a string.

Put the trap in the tank for a few days so they get used to it. Don't feed for a few days and then put food in the trap and watch the fish go happily in.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an acrylic fish trap I have sent to members of R2R. Maybe close to 15 times worked every time, However I need it at the moment. I have 3 fish in a 180 that need to come out. Good Luck ! A trap would be best just leave it in the tank,let the fish get used to it. Always feed in the trap. Iv'e found that Angels & Tangs are the 1st to enter !

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 90 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back