How to catch a half inch pistol shrimp?

  • Thread starter Thread starter j.falk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2018
Messages
1,246
Reaction score
1,524
Location
Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A half inch long pistol shrimp hitchhiked into my tank via some ocean live rock. Any ideas on how to catch the thing so I can get it out of my tank?
 
I've already tried the bottle trap with a piece of shrimp in it and it did not work.
 
I got it out. I had to remove all of the rock from the tank and set it in plastic tubs. The pistol shrimp was down in the sand and as soon as the rock came out it was scurrying around the tank where it was easy to get.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new