How to clean coraline algae on overflow?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DarkTang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DarkTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2014
Messages
1,040
Reaction score
718
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using a razor and vinegar and it works well on glass but I'm having a hard time with the overflow since it's plastic. I want it all cleaned up!
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1415293227555.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415293227555.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 349
Did you have the tank filled with the vinegar/water solution or were you just spraying/applying the solution?
In all the tanks that I have broken down, a 2~3 day soak and it basically wipes off prior to draining the tank.
 
I had a Biocube that the back was permanently discolored and I ended up painting it. Spraying vinegar and an acid/water solution removed all the crud and crust, but the plastic was stained.
 
Did you have the tank filled with the vinegar/water solution or were you just spraying/applying the solution?
In all the tanks that I have broken down, a 2~3 day soak and it basically wipes off prior to draining the tank.
I just sprayed and scraped
I had a Biocube that the back was permanently discolored and I ended up painting it. Spraying vinegar and an acid/water solution removed all the crud and crust, but the plastic was stained.
What did you paint it with? It won't harm the livestock?
 
That Krylon Fusion spray paint sold @ Walmart. I have no issues and there's lots of info on this you can search yourself.
 
I wouldn't even worry about it. Within a year the back will be encrusted with coraline algae anyhow if you keep up with maintenance. Or just start some cyphastria in the middle and it will cover in no time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new