How to Clean the Sand?

7237689918

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2018
Messages
278
Reaction score
263
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a medium (maybe large) Python and try to control the flow of water by pinching the the hose and such, but still get a decent amount of sand sucked through. If I keep this up the problem will be solved as I won't have any left!

Are there any tricks of the trade to avoid this? Preferred syphon, etc.?

Thx!
 
I use a turkey baster and just stir the sand quick little bursts of water into the sand stirs the detritus in to the water column free food for the corals and then let my mechanical filtration do it’s thing
 
I use a turkey baster and just stir the sand quick little bursts of water into the sand stirs the detritus in to the water column free food for the corals and then let my mechanical filtration do it’s thing

I like that idea!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new