How to code BOB for a button

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yates273
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2018
Messages
1,708
Reaction score
1,187
Location
NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this on Neptune forum also. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I need a little help I have done some research and just want to make sure I’m doing this right. If I hook a button up to my BOB which is normally open. How do I have it act like the feed A on Fusion. Let’s say I name it button. Do I write on each item i want off
“ if button closed then off” also if I press the button and let it go will it go right back to open?
And then add
“Defer 5:00 then on” for pump?
“Defer 10:00 then on” for skimmer?
Sorry if these confusing but I’m still learning these codes. TYIA
 
The best approach is to create a virtual output to monitor the button, and include a Min Time command to specify how long the "feed mode" should remain active after you release the button:

[vFeed]
Set OFF
If Button CLOSED Then ON
Min Time 005:00 Then ON

Then add this line to any device you want to turn off during the timer:

If Output vFeed = ON Then OFF

See my tutorial on Apex Feed Cycles for more details and examples: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials-part-7-feed-cycles.715/
 
Thank you so real quick the tile I drag down for sw2 that I will rename button is the virtual outlet? or do I need to go in and make another virtual outlet?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new