How to control multiple Kessils cheaply?

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so I have 2 tanks in home that I will put 360X's on soon. From previous experience, the kessil controller must be always connected to the light to control it. Would the dongle be able to control my 2 separate tanks/lights without needing to be physically connected to both? It is not clear in their explanation exactly how it controls multiple lights. Since my tanks are not on the same floor, and I didn't really want to buy a controller for each light. Thanks

JohnnyBeagle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use k-link cables to daisy chain the lights you want to control together. So one wifi dongle plugged into one device and k-link cables to the rest and they'll all be controlled together

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out reef-pi

OP
OP
kevensquint

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see....won't work in my application since one tank is upstairs and one in the basement. I guess Kessil didn't install a wifi chip in the light itself to ensure lots of sales in either dongles or controllers. Business is business. The controller and dongle cost the same. Which of the two is preferred by reefers?

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set all your lights to exactly what you want and get a light timer and have them come on and off.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see....won't work in my application since one tank is upstairs and one in the basement. I guess Kessil didn't install a wifi chip in the light itself to ensure lots of sales in either dongles or controllers. Business is business. The controller and dongle cost the same. Which of the two is preferred by reefers?
I like the controller but I have yet to try the dongle. I run kessil A360WE's on 3 separate tanks. Separate controller for each. You can pick them up reasonably cheap used if you watch the for sale forum..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back