How to determine when an always on outlet "runs" a float controlled device?

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Clarisea SK-5000 filter rollers setup in my sump. They are plugged into outlets on my EB832 that are set as Always On. Is there a way that I can see how often and for how long the Clarisea float switches are activating the motors? I tried looking at the Amp log for one of the outlets, but that does not appear to show any useful data in this regards.

Anyone ( @SuncrestReef ) know if this is possible?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know, but someone must, bump!
tongue help GIF

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short answer, you can't...really.

Long answer; The system takes measurements every x minutes that you set in the miscellaneous menu. Since the roller only runs for a second or so there will only maybe be a few times a day it "catches" it..maybe. I tried to do the same exact thing with my Clarisea and that is what I found. Shorter times didn't help either.

Edit: You could probably connect the float switch in parallel to an input on the Apex and the Clarisea controller then monitor that input. Not exactly sure on that, I have not tried.

OP
OP
Oberst Hajj

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short answer, you can't...really.

Long answer; The system takes measurements every x minutes that you set in the miscellaneous menu. Since the roller only runs for a second or so there will only maybe be a few times a day it "catches" it..maybe. I tried to do the same exact thing with my Clarisea and that is what I found. Shorter times didn't help either.

Edit: You could probably connect the float switch in parallel to an input on the Apex and the Clarisea controller then monitor that input. Not exactly sure on that, I have not tried.
Thanks for the reply and connecting the float switch directly to the Apex is a good idea. I'll have to look into that.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back