How to determine when an always on outlet "runs" a float controlled device?

Oberst Hajj

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2012
Messages
978
Reaction score
808
Location
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Clarisea SK-5000 filter rollers setup in my sump. They are plugged into outlets on my EB832 that are set as Always On. Is there a way that I can see how often and for how long the Clarisea float switches are activating the motors? I tried looking at the Amp log for one of the outlets, but that does not appear to show any useful data in this regards.

Anyone ( @SuncrestReef ) know if this is possible?
 
I don't know, but someone must, bump!
tongue help GIF
 
Short answer, you can't...really.

Long answer; The system takes measurements every x minutes that you set in the miscellaneous menu. Since the roller only runs for a second or so there will only maybe be a few times a day it "catches" it..maybe. I tried to do the same exact thing with my Clarisea and that is what I found. Shorter times didn't help either.

Edit: You could probably connect the float switch in parallel to an input on the Apex and the Clarisea controller then monitor that input. Not exactly sure on that, I have not tried.
 
Short answer, you can't...really.

Long answer; The system takes measurements every x minutes that you set in the miscellaneous menu. Since the roller only runs for a second or so there will only maybe be a few times a day it "catches" it..maybe. I tried to do the same exact thing with my Clarisea and that is what I found. Shorter times didn't help either.

Edit: You could probably connect the float switch in parallel to an input on the Apex and the Clarisea controller then monitor that input. Not exactly sure on that, I have not tried.
Thanks for the reply and connecting the float switch directly to the Apex is a good idea. I'll have to look into that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new