How to dial in doser

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Kamoer x1 doser after getting recommendations from members here. When you guys that use any doser start using a new one do you test run it for a day or so and have it dose into a container and measure to make sure it’s dosing the correct amount? It’s my first time relying on any automation so just asking.

Amboss72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calibrate the doser several times and then do exactly what you were thinking by running it overnight to make sure it’s dosing as programmed.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Kamoer x1 doser after getting recommendations from members here. When you guys that use any doser start using a new one do you test run it for a day or so and have it dose into a container and measure to make sure it’s dosing the correct amount? It’s my first time relying on any automation so just asking.

That's exactly what I did. First, I primed the doser with the solution until start dropping and then I measure how much fluid (ml) will drop per minute. Then I look at the minimum dosing of the fluid recommended and do the test to dial to the desired parameter.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back