How to dispose of a tank

calebsmith7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had my final clownish die after a year and don’t plan on getting another one. I’ve tried my best to keep my 5 gallon nano tank but nonstop algea and slime growth which I can’t counter whatsoever had led me to become tired of owning the tank. There is a singular live rock arch which has a mushroom on it and a hard coral I put on there. Neither is very big or expensive. I’m just wondering on how I should go about disposing and getting rid of this tank and it’s rock.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a city bulk trash dump? My city has one and it is open on weekends and they take basically anything you aren't supposed to put in regular trash. We also have curbside bulk trash pickup every 2 weeks.

You can check to see what local reefing facebook pages there are. I have probably 2 dozen in my area. Find one that allows selling and post it there for free. Hopefully it isn't like my area where the first 3 to 4 people will say they are on their way and keep you waiting around for hours just to never show up.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back