How to earn a badge/ribbon?

eag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I would like to know how member badges/ribbons are managed. I have seen an "Article Contributor" badge in the past, and a thread I started a little while ago was recently converted into an article, but it doesn't look like that was enough to earn me the "Article Contributor" badge.

How are badges normally earned? Must they be requested or is it automatic?

On a related note, it would be cool if there was a place that documented all the features of R2R website - maybe there is one that I missed. Questions like "why are some of the member names different colors on the member list" pop into my head a lot, and posting a thread feels like noise/overkill (like this one!).

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
eag

eag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah-ha! Thank you! I guess this is the part I messed up on:
If you've got content you'd like to submit for an article, be sure to reach out to one of the members of Team R2R.

How do I know the members of Team R2R, and who would be the most appropriate person to contact in the future? Is there a place where I can see the forum moderators?

I might suggest collecting the sticky threads with this kind of content and linking to them all from a help page or something. For new members, it can be hard to know where to start - personally, I looked around for "help" type pages/links in the site footer etc - this forum was the closest I was able to get. Anyway, thanks again!

OP
OP
eag

eag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might suggest collecting the sticky threads with this kind of content and linking to them all from a help page or something. For new members, it can be hard to know where to start - personally, I looked around for "help" type pages/links in the site footer etc - this forum was the closest I was able to get.

I would be happy to help out in this effort if it's something that you all would like to do!

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I know the members of Team R2R,

Here you go

OP
OP
eag

eag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, so many! What a nice thread :)

Do certain forums have certain moderators? The thread is many pages long, and I noticed that none of the posts indicate which forums each moderator is responsible for. For instance, if I wanted to submit another article to the aquarium equipment forum, how do I discover which moderator to route the request to?

Sorry for 20 questions :confused:

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, so many! What a nice thread :)

Do certain forums have certain moderators? The thread is many pages long, and I noticed that none of the posts indicate which forums each moderator is responsible for. For instance, if I wanted to submit another article to the aquarium equipment forum, how do I discover which moderator to route the request to?

Sorry for 20 questions :confused:

Yes, each forum has a different moderator, and sometimes a few. I do not know how to look or see who is the moderator though

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello! I would like to know how member badges/ribbons are managed. I have seen an "Article Contributor" badge in the past, and a thread I started a little while ago was recently converted into an article, but it doesn't look like that was enough to earn me the "Article Contributor" badge.

How are badges normally earned? Must they be requested or is it automatic?

On a related note, it would be cool if there was a place that documented all the features of R2R website - maybe there is one that I missed. Questions like "why are some of the member names different colors on the member list" pop into my head a lot, and posting a thread feels like noise/overkill (like this one!).
Oops! Sorry I forgot to add the badge. You should see it now. :cool:

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the home page, you will find the staff currently online. Or shall I say at least logged on. :)

In addition, as you browse the site, you can see the staff members have banners indicating such. You'll see a black banner that says Staff Member and then next badge will indicate Moderator. Those that say "Super" indicate we moderate the entire forum. Some are dedicated to particular forums.

As far as the articles go, feel free to post your thread containing the article. Then feel free to contact any of the Super Mods and request the consideration of turning it in to an article. Or simply hit the report button and make the same request.

OP
OP
eag

eag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops! Sorry I forgot to add the badge. You should see it now

Thanks!!

On the home page, you will find the staff currently online. Or shall I say at least logged on. :)

In addition, as you browse the site, you can see the staff members have banners indicating such. You'll see a black banner that says Staff Member and then next badge will indicate Moderator. Those that say "Super" indicate we moderate the entire forum. Some are dedicated to particular forums.

This helps, thank you @dbl !

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not notice how and what the glitter fairy badge is.
It's what you get if you're a mod who sends all the other mods envelops full of glitter at Christmas time...

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back