how to even acrylic tank edge?

  • Thread starter Thread starter airedwin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I think pictures would help of the seams from a few different angles.

If silicone was used for the bonding, there should be a small gap between the panels.
i did not notice any gaps between the panels, i will get pix as soon as possible
 
Here are some pictures, just uneven all around.
20230316_144519.jpg
20230316_144524.jpg
20230316_144532.jpg
20230316_144548.jpg
20230316_144627.jpg
20230316_144706.jpg
20230316_144757.jpg
 
It is welded ,lot of work to clean that up !!
1 sand down outside edges, strip out all silicone ,clean ,reweld all, add two top cross braces . best option
2 sand down ,polish all outside joints , clean edges ,reweld all outside ,add 2 braces , leave inside as is. will work
make sure full bottom is on level plywood ,along with minimum 1/8" leveling pad /foam .
 
It is welded ,lot of work to clean that up !!
1 sand down outside edges, strip out all silicone ,clean ,reweld all, add two top cross braces . best option
2 sand down ,polish all outside joints , clean edges ,reweld all outside ,add 2 braces , leave inside as is. will work
make sure full bottom is on level plywood ,along with minimum 1/8" leveling pad /foam .
thanks
 
Here are some pictures, just uneven all around.
20230316_144519.jpg
20230316_144524.jpg
20230316_144532.jpg
20230316_144548.jpg
20230316_144627.jpg
20230316_144706.jpg
20230316_144757.jpg
Acrylic is not sealed but rather Fused/welded with polymer and this in 40 years is the worse construction I have EVER seen and would not lay $2 on a tank like this. I would return it if purchase complete, refuse it and walk away
 
Acrylic is not sealed but rather Fused/welded with polymer and this in 40 years is the worse construction I have EVER seen and would not lay $2 on a tank like this. I would return it if purchase complete, refuse it and walk away
i don't have the option to return, so i may try to fix it up a bit and resell it at a loss
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new